The purpose of the FETC: Public Administration is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work in support of senior management officials in providing for service delivery objectives. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The FETC: Public Administration is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
The competencies covered in the proposed unit standards encapsulate the competencies required by public officials working at the operational level and responsible for implementing specific service delivery objectives within a public sector departmental context. This qualification enables transferability of skills between the private and the public sector.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES:
- Apply public sector principles, policies and ethics to own public sector work context.
- Apply the principles of good customer service in own public sector context
- Apply administrative principles in implementation of public sector procedures and work schedules.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply the principles of problem identification and analysis
- Contribute towards team development in own public sector context.
- Apply the principles of communication in own work context according to public sector communication protocol.
Would you like to find out more?
Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!