The purpose of the NQF level 5 Public Administration qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The National Certificate in Public Administration (NQF Level 5) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
The qualification will therefore enhance the ability of the qualifying learner as a public finance official to perform the necessary administration tasks expected as well as improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector. At the same time, a learner will gain a firm foundation required for furthering studies at NQF levels 6 and 7. This qualification enables transferability of skills between the private and public sector.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES:
- Manage service delivery improvement and employ client service delivery techniques.
- Manage and lead human resources in the workplace.
- Apply the principles of knowledge management to public sector administration.
- Plan strategically to improve business performance.
- Apply South African legislation and policy affecting public administration.
- Apply the principles of risk management to manage risk situations in the public sector.
- Design, formulate public sector policies and regulations.
Would you like to find out more?
Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!