The purpose of this qualification is to enhance readiness and provide entry into the areas of Systems Development at NQF level 5. It prepares learners for entry into the workplace in the Systems Development areas covered, providing them with the necessary knowledge needed for further study in the fields of Information Technology and Computer Sciences at Higher Education level.
A qualifying learner will be able to communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information technology, understanding the role of technology in a business context and to be able to address business problems with appropriate information technology solutions. Learners will be able to apply the principles of creating computer software by carrying out, under limited supervision, a task of reasonable size to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques & skills needed in one or more area of majoring/specialisation that the qualification offers.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a systems development environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Development, with all its implications.
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions.
- Apply the principles of creating computer software.
Would you like to find out more?
Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!