In summary, the purpose of this qualification is to develop learners with the requisite competencies to ensure the development of a broader base of skilled ICT professionals to underpin economic growth.
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification is expanding the specialisation(s) started at NQF level 4 into the core field of networking and support, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support fields or in any other related vertical or enabled markets.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES:
- Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organisation.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate basic application support skills.
- Demonstrate operating system support skills
- Demonstrate network support skills.
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions.
- Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT support.
- Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team.
- Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Support contextualised within a selected work area.
Would you like to find out more?
Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!