Problem Solving and Decision Making
INTRODUCTIONThis course is intended to equip the targeted learners with problem solving, creative thinking and decision making skills. The programme will also provide fundamental knowledge of the areas covered for those working in, or entering the workplace in the area of Business and Organisational Communication as additional knowledge for those wanting to understand the areas covered.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMESOn completion of this learning programme, learners will be able to:
- Define and analyse the problem
- Creative think and evaluate solutions
- Implement the solution
- Apply critical and analytical skills to analyse an issue or problem.
- Engage with stakeholders in analysing the issue/problem and developing solutions
- Select feasible solutions through a systems approach.
- Formulate and communicate the decision.
PREREQUISITESThe credit value of this unit is based on a person having prior knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental mathematics (at least at NQF Level 3)
This course does not have any sections.