INTRODUCTIONEffective performance management is crucial to achieve sustainable and stable public finances and to gain the public’s confidence that tax revenues are being used effectively. The purpose of this training is aimed to equip learners with the skills and knowledge to develop and apply the financial dimensions of performance management. This training will enable learners to ensure performance management requirements are correctly catered for during policy decision-making and strategic decision-making processes.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMESOn completion of this learning programme, learners will be able to:
- Implement performance management systems and mechanisms in a South African municipality as required by the local government legislative framework.
- Write and develop performance management concepts for the effective measurement of municipal strategic and financial performance
- Develop and identify the critical areas of a performance management agreement to be used as a form of contract of employment for a municipal staff member
- Identify and establish institutional arrangements required for performance management in a municipality
- Apply performance management concepts to municipal service delivery
PREREQUISITEIt is assumed that candidates are able to communicate verbally and in writing at NQF level 4 and can work with numbers.
This course does not have any sections.